Skip to content

No design

Published on 18 November 2020

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I’ve started blogging again. This meant I had to have a working website, and that website required some level of design.

Usually I’d get carried away and spend weeks agonising over the minor details, which ultimately gets in the way of me publishing anything. This time I thought I’d do things differently.

The first thing I did was put together a basic site using Jekyll, purely because it makes publishing to GitHub Pages so simple. Then I added as little CSS as I could to make the site a bit easier on the eye and nicer to read. I really didn’t add much.

At the time of writing this site serves it’s purpose. It allows me to publish content without friction and hopefully provides a good reading experience for anyone who happens to be viewing the site.

I do intend to spend some time improving the typography, as well as making any other visual changes that will enhance the site, but for now, this is good enough.